Nashville Christian Church
Office Administrator Job Description
The NCC Office Administrator shall, above all else, have a Christ-led, servant’s heart. As an integral part of our NCC team, this person will always represent Christ and NCC in both their work and private life. The person in this position will be responsible for maintaining the “behind the scenes” workings of Nashville Christian Church. As such this person must be a diligent, self-motivated, and dedicated team player, able to multi-task, meet critical deadlines and be detail oriented. Additionally, this person must be able to always greet members of our congregation and the community on the phone or in person in a professional, kind, and loving manner.
This position will report directly to the Lead Pastor but will also follow direction given by the other ministry leaders or elders of NCC, providing the direction is not contrary to the direction given by the Lead Pastor.
This will be a full-time hourly position.
Position Skill Set:
1. Desire to serve through Jesus’ model of servant leadership. (Mark 10:45)
2. Must possess a professional, friendly, and outgoing personality with good people skills.
3. Confidentiality is a primary requirement for the person in this position.
4. Desire to be a leader, but also a team player in action and in deed.
5. Must be an effective written and oral communicator.
6. Must be a self-starter and be self-motivated.
7. Must possess the ability to plan, organize, follow through and be detail oriented.
8. Must possess the ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines.
9. Must possess computer skills and be proficient working in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook. Must also be willing to learn new software programs.
10. Knowledge of and experience working with Facebook and other social media platforms.
11. Knowledge of and experience in financial posting and record keeping.
1. Assist ministry leaders and or pastors in their ministry operations, daily work, and assignments.
2. Assist the Treasurer in financial record keeping.
3. Coordinate office/church volunteers.
4. Manage prayer requests and hospital calling list.
5. Manage visitor records and communications.
6. Pick up, process, and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
7. Maintain an inventory of church supplies.
8. Assist in producing and maintaining an office operations budget.
9. Attend weekly staff meetings: produce and distribute meeting minutes.
10. Maintain a current database of church members, attendance, and baptisms.
11. Organize church files and records in a consistent documented manner.
12. Maintain a calendar of church events, i.e., services, life groups, small groups, and Bible studies. Record the time and place of meetings, study area and contact person.
13. Maintain a facilities’ use schedule for the church auditorium, life house and field house.
14. Create and distribute weekly emails, monthly newsletters, and bulletins.
15. Establish and maintain paid and volunteer worker schedules for the following areas:
a. Weekly Worship Service: coordinator, communion meditation, ushers, greeters, communion preparation, baptismal helpers, safety coordinator and lock-up person
b. Weekly Worship Team: musicians, singers, leader, message.
c. Weekly Children’s Ministry Team: workers and leaders.
d. Weekly Youth Ministry Team: meal, workers, and leaders.
16. Other duties as assigned.